White chocolate macadamia nut cookies are one of those cookies that I make pretty often. It was the very first recipe I considered "mine" because I just threw it together one day, and it worked great.
- 2 1/2 C flour
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C white sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 11 oz bag of white chocolate chips
- 6.5 oz container of lightly salted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy
- Add eggs one at a time, and mix until well combined
- Add the vanilla and mix
- Add the flour, baking soda and salt, and mix until just combined
- Add the chips and nuts, and combine on low until just combined
- Scoop with a #60 scoop onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet, and bake for 9-11 minutes until edges start to turn golden brown.
- Cool on sheet 2 minutes, and then transfer to racks.