I have the original recipe from a "Hershey's Holiday Favorites" mini-mag from 2004, but it can also be found online here. I tweaked it just a bit, to be more peanut buttery!
The first thing you need for this easy dessert is a pre-made graham cracker crust, 6oz.
Then, you take 26 Hershey's kisses and a little milk, and melt them in the microwave. Melt them carefully, in 30 second intervals (stirring between each interval) until smooth.
Spread the chocolate on the bottom of the crust and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
In the meantime, beat some softened cream cheese with some sugar until light and fluffy.
Then, plop in an entire 16 oz jar of peanut butter. Yes, the whole jar. Mix well!
Then, fold in about 8 oz of Cool Whip into the peanut butter mixture, stirring well to turn this:
Once everything is smooth and homogeneous, spread it in the pie crust on top of the chocolate, cover, and chill for several hours or overnight.
If you buy a 12 oz or larger Cool Whip, you can spread Cool Whip on the top, and decorate with leftover Kisses...
This recipe makes one dense peanut buttery pie. If you want an even stronger flavor, try natural peanut butter!
The major virtue of this pie, other than its peanut buttery goodness, is that it is super easy to assemble. It is a perfect dessert to put together during the holidays, especially if you are short on time!!
Peanut Butter Pie (No Bake)
- 1-8" (6 oz) pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- 1- 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 C sugar
- 16 oz peanut butter
- 16 oz tub of Cool Whip, thawed
- Bag of Hershey's Kisses
- Melt 26 Kisses and 2 tbls milk in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring between each interval until smooth
- Spread on the bottom of crust and refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until luffy
- Add in peanut butter and beat until combined
- Fold in 8 oz Cool Whip and mix until combined
- Spread peanut butter mixture into crust and refrigerate several hours until firm
- Decorate with remaining Cool Whip and Kisses if desire