This post is nice and simple, but a great, great cookie. My mom and I have been making them for year, peanut M&M cookies, in Christmas colors! The original recipe is based on one available on the M&M site, but I've slightly modified it to suit our tastes, and it is even better than the original!
First, you cream together butter, and brown and white sugar, then add in the egg and vanilla.
The, the dry ingredients get added.
And here's where it gets fun: add in some chopped pecans and a WHOLE BAG of peanut M&M's (in Christmas colors, if you can find them).
Stir them in, and then use a #40 scoop to scoop the dough onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet.
Bake them for 13-16 minutes, until golden.
Remove to wire rack after 2 minutes for complete cooling.
And that's it...and these cookies are wonderful. Everyone just loves them, they are consistently the first to disappear from cookie platters, especially once people realize that all those red and green things are actually peanut M&Ms! They are so simple to put together, it is criminal. One batch will make just shy of 3 dozen using a #40 scoop -- and you really should use this scoop, otherwise you will end up with one single lonely peanut M&M per cookie, and I don't know about you, but my conscious just can't handle that kind of guilt! But the good news is that they are so easy, a double batch takes no time at all if you want a few more cookies!
The great thing about these cookies is that M&M's come out with other holiday-colored candies all the time: fall, Halloween, Easter, Valentine's Day -- and these are all great excuses to make these cookies again. Seriously, you want these in your life, and on your cookie platter.
Peanut M&M Cookies
- 2 sticks of butter, softened
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3/4 C pecans, chopped small (but not fine)
- 1-12.6 oz bag Peanut M&M's in Christmas colors
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cream softened butter and sugars until fluffy
- Add in egg, salt and vanilla and mix until combined
- Add in flour and baking soda, and mix until just combined
- Add in pecans and peanut M&M's, and stir until combined evenly
- Using a #40 scoop, scoop these cookies onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet
- Bake at 350F for 12-16 minutes, until golden
- Coll on sheet for 2 minutes, then remove to rack to cool completely